Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nancy Pelosi: "Republicans Want Women To Die On The Floor"

       Rep. Nanci Pelosi today made the broad statement of saying that republicans want women to die on the floor because of Bill H.R. 358. 

       In case you don't know, this bill is over prohibiting  federal funds from being to used to cover any part of the costs of any health plan that includes coverage of abortion services. (I'll leave a link to the summary of the bill at the bottom of the webpage) 

       I quickly took offense not to the topic of the issue she was debating, but to her insubordinate claims of republicans without backing up her statement with fact. Anybody could say that, I could walk into the white house and say that "Obama is here to kill us all" (Maybe even true) but it wouldn't matter what i was saying unless i backed it up with fact. however if i were to walk into the white house claiming Obama is here to kill us all and explain it by saying facts about how he's skyrocketing the national debt spiraling our economy downward into a potentially period of time where our country will lie broken into pieces and be able to back that up with cold hard FACT, I might be able to get the attention of a few people. But Nanci Pelosi standing up there making a statement about republicans as a whole with insufficient information makes her look, in my opinion, to be ignorant and lacking interpersonal intelligence on how to convey herself with a less condescending attitude.

       The Bill itself I'm not going to get very much into because i have mixed feelings towards the issue. I see both sides of the debate yet if i were to vote i would probably be more towards the conservative side because of the following reasons

  • I am a Christian, and being that, I believe that no life should be taken, because only God has the power to make that decision
  • This bill would help save our Tax dollars because we wouldn't be having to give our tax dollars to teens who are getting abortions or women who just feel they're not ready for a child
I can also see the Liberal point of view on this issue however because I also believe that
  • God is to judge and everyone should be able to make their own decisions on whatever they want as long as its not affecting other people
  • I think its a terrible and horrid thing of women who have been raped or are of incest to have to deliver that child
       So I can see both sides of the debate, yet I stand strong in my belief that no person has the right to take another person's life, and this is the taking of another person's life.


   














Rep. DeGette is a Democrat who i feel did a MUCH better job in presenting her case on the bill than Nanci Pelosi. The Video of her speaking on the issue is above.

Link to Summary of Bill



If you have any Questions/Comments/Concerns please leave a comment or shoot me an Email, Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment