Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mitt Romney: "You can't have any Illegals running on our property, I'm running for office for Pete's sake"

     On October 18, 2011 in the Republican Presidential debate hosted by CNN in Las Vegas, Nevada, Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney (Former Massachusetts Governor) responded to Rick Perry's statement on the allegation towards hiring illegal workers by saying he told the Lawn Care service, "You can't have any Illegals running on our property, I'm running for office for Pete's sake."

     Now I don't think Mitt Romney thought too hard about the words that came out of his mouth, because he gave viewers the idea that if he wasn't simply running for president, he would be fine hiring illegals. At first, I honestly thought that Mitt Romney was one of my top picks for our next president, but after hearing him say this I'm having second thoughts about the guy.

     Now don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy for him to be in office instead of Obama, but then again I'd also be more than happy having my 4 year old nephew run this country instead of Obama. However the government might take control of Spongebob if that were to happen but it would be beneficial actually having someone in office who takes the value of the dollar seriously. 

     But back to the subject at hand, The reason I feel Mitt Romney screwed up so bad, is that now I look at him to be not as honest a man that I thought. So what he's saying is that because he is running for office he can't have illegals working on his property, does this mean that if he weren't running for president he would still have the illegals working for him? It just doesn't make sense why he would say something like this. It just seems like he cares too much about his reputation which is actually starting to turn around and come back on him.

     I have a strong respect for the man on certain issues hes debated, yet I disagree other topics like Romney-Care for example, but if Mitt Romney really is this sneaky about things and keeping information from the American Public then should we really want to invite this man to run our country?

Leave me your opinion, tell me how you think about this and if you agree or disagree with what I'm saying. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is really interesting..
    I hadn't heard of that one yet, but goodness above, it does make him seem dishonest.

    Is the only reason why he can't have illegals working on his lawn because of his campaign? Because then it makes it seem like he's only trying to protect his reputation, and not the country.

    I was thinking about voting for him as well, but now that you've brought this to my attention, I'm not too sure.
    I think Obama has lied and cheated us enough, it's time for an honest man in the Oval Office.

    Just saying!

    ReplyDelete